House Guidelines for Residency
- The use or possession of alcohol or drugs is not allowed on or off the property. Use will result in immediate expulsion from the property.
- Violence, expressed or implied, yelling, verbal threats or physical acting out will not be tolerated.
- Gambling in any form is not permitted while residing at The Hartman House; on or off property.
- Each person is responsible for the cleanliness of their room and the overall cleanliness of the house.
- Visitors to tenants must be approved by staff and absolutely no visitors are ever permitted in the bedrooms or overnight.
- You must notify the staff, upon interview, of all prescribed medications you are taking.
- Abuse of any mind-altering drugs (illicit, prescribed or over the counter) will result in immediate expulsion from the property.
- No performance enhancing supplements of any kind (prescribed or over the counter) are permitted at the Hartman House.
- Sexual relations with anyone on The Hartman House property will not be tolerated. no pornography, including magazines, is allowed.
- Repairing or washing your vehicle on The Hartman House property or on neighborhood streets is not allowed.
- Curfew is 10:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 p.m., on Friday and Saturday for first 30 days. After 30 days (with job and sponsor), curfew is 11:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 1:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday. This is strictly enforced.
- During your first 90 days at The Hartman House, you must attend a minimum of five meetings per week. All meetings are prayer to prayer, or not considered a meeting.
- It is mandatory that you attend a weekly Recovery Support meeting at 6:00 p.m. every Tuesday.
- No bicycles allowed in the house.
- Random drug testing is mandatory and the cost is the financial responsibility of each tenant. ($75.00 monthly drug screen fee)
- No negative contracts. This is cause for immediate expulsion from the property.
- No dirty dishes in the sink. Dishes need to be washed immediately after use.
- Do not eat any food that does not belong to you.
- No lending or borrowing of money or vehicles with other residents.
- No business or commerce transactions are to be conducted with other Hartman House residents, nor their families.
- Rooms, personal property, and persons may be randomly searched for drugs and alcohol by staff.
- Everyone must be dressed and beds made no later than 9:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. Residents must be off the property by 9:30 a.m.
- Anyone showing a difference in treatment or favor, or showing hatred or dislike toward any group, race, religion, etc. will be expelled.
- While residing at The Hartman House the following are off limits: bars, hookah bars, cava bars, strip clubs, gun shops and shows, shooting ranges.
- Every Sunday is mandatory general cleanup, to be done no later than 3:00 pm.
- Residents will receive a complimentary gym membership after 30 days of residency at The Hartman House, with the condition that they have a job, sponsor, home group in a 12-step program, and are attending meetings regularly. This privilege can be revoked at any time at the discretion of Hartman House staff for any reason.
- The ordering of ‘pay-per-view’, ‘on-demand’ or pirating movies is prohibited in any Hartman House.
Any infraction of the rules, with the exception of those stating expulsion,
will be addressed on an individual basis according to the severity
and frequency of such.